Let’s look at sound

One of the things that was clear from the LiB experience is that we need to include sound response.  I found a great little microphone board at sparkfun that I wanted to test out.  There was some Arduino code that helped with the audio integration but I was having trouble getting a sense of what it was doing.  Processing to the rescue.

I found a program that reads the serial output of the Arduino (which was the audio integration feed) and graphed it.  Video below.  One thing that happens is that everything gets out of whack when you up the volume.  I’ll have to come up with an algorithm that adapts the integration parameters based on the local volume level.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *